Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So You want to Track your Car? (Food For thought)

Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzmissile View Post
    Pca?
    Pretty sure he is referring to Porsche Club of America - they have track days at Spring Mountain quite often.

Fort Member
    I have talked to the president of PCA and he has given me a personal invite for the club to attend the events they do ....they do a few a year at spring mtn

John can you see about posting these events up i would like to attend them.

Fort Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzmissile View Post
    John can you see about posting these events up i would like to attend them.
    here ya go..

http://lvrpca.clubstore.us.com/produ...ucts_id=500027

Quote Originally Posted by Got Boost? View Post
    I have talked to the president of PCA and he has given me a personal invite for the club to attend the events they do ....they do a few a year at spring mtn
    i have talked to nosmo about orchestrating our own flat4 event at spring mountain, but i think the cost would be outrageous and as far as the organizing and manning all the stations with experience people would be limited. PCA was really fun, they separated all the drivers on skill level and you have ton of support from friendly instructors. as soon as i setup my turbo i will be attending winter events.

Novice Member Major Paine N. Diaz's Avatar
    The best way to organize the funding of the project is probably Paypal. Let's say, if there are a lot of people who joined and pitched in, whatever the amount is in Paypal minus the Cost of the event can be evenly split towards the people who pitched in. Of course, only people who pitched in should be given the chance to run the course. Any bystanders can just sit at the bench or watch from afar. And then of course if wasn't enough people to pitch in, the administrator of the Paypal account can just refund everyone their money back. No harm done, just wasted admin's time. I'm guessing $200 per person (driver) sounds about right?
    1998 Civic EX -> 1995 Montero -> 1995 Integra GSR -> 2009 Impreza WRX -> *blank*

Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Paine N. Diaz View Post
    The best way to organize the funding of the project is probably Paypal. Let's say, if there are a lot of people who joined and pitched in, whatever the amount is in Paypal minus the Cost of the event can be evenly split towards the people who pitched in. Of course, only people who pitched in should be given the chance to run the course. Any bystanders can just sit at the bench or watch from afar. And then of course if wasn't enough people to pitch in, the administrator of the Paypal account can just refund everyone their money back. No harm done, just wasted admin's time. I'm guessing $200 per person (driver) sounds about right?
    Or a Kickstarter type campaign.

Kickstarter for the start up funds is probably the best way to go.

Track days get crazy expensive. I was big into autocross with my dad back east and ran at VIR a few times. The cost was not horrible. I also lived in germany and ran a whopping total of 4 laps on the nurburgring. Two in my M3 and two in my Porsche. I had no clue that a set of pads can be nearly destroyed on 2 laps. I was young and dumb. Needless to say I never went back to the ring after having to buy new tires and pads!!

As far as SCCA costs, they do have costs. Not sure about the region here, but back where I was from, they had the cost of their truck, timing equipment, insurance, parking lot rental and then fees to to the main SCCA. On top of that they held dinners, luncheons, and then the awards banquet with trophies at the end of the year. It really does add up.

Good info here, would love to hear of some track days at the speedway. I drive through there everyday and just want to turn left and do some laps on the road course!!

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS WRX View Post
    Track days get crazy expensive. I was big into autocross with my dad back east and ran at VIR a few times. The cost was not horrible. I also lived in germany and ran a whopping total of 4 laps on the nurburgring. Two in my M3 and two in my Porsche. I had no clue that a set of pads can be nearly destroyed on 2 laps. I was young and dumb. Needless to say I never went back to the ring after having to buy new tires and pads!!

As far as SCCA costs, they do have costs. Not sure about the region here, but back where I was from, they had the cost of their truck, timing equipment, insurance, parking lot rental and then fees to to the main SCCA. On top of that they held dinners, luncheons, and then the awards banquet with trophies at the end of the year. It really does add up.

Good info here, would love to hear of some track days at the speedway. I drive through there everyday and just want to turn left and do some laps on the road course!!
    :thumbup: