Thread: issue with my Honda Fit

Fort Member

issue with my Honda Fit

so my 2007 Honda Fit is having an issue, where it runs fine with no lights on, no radio, no AC..but when I start adding lights, radio, and AC, the car starts to struggle, being erratic, and feels like it wants to stall. My feeling is, the alernator has seen better days, and at 88k, it's done, and needs to be replaced. The battery is brand new since I just replaced it early under warranty. I am wondering if the bad alternator killed the other battery now. Do you guys think it could be anything else besides a bad alternator, before I go into a local shop to have the alternator looked at? thanks!

Autozone can do a amp draw test on the alt.

Fort Member
    but can they do it while it's in the car? I don't have my tools here, so can't remove it.

Yes they can but depends if thier machine is working. The dead alt can also kill your brand new battery. .

Fort Member
    Did some multimeter testing for the heck of it. Do these numbers tell us anything about the state of the alternator perhaps?

at idle
    idle - 14.4 volts
    high beam-14.3 volts
    revving over 1500rpm..more like 3-4k RPM(Parked car)-14.5-14.6 volts
    high beam+AC on high+radio on - 14.9 volts

I'll still bring it to autozone. just wondering if this tells me anything? car didn't stutter or anything during this testing which seems odd.

Fort Member
    Autozone result
    Voltage regilator pass
    Diodes pass
    Starter pass
    What are symptoms of tight valves? I was told that tight valves show symptoms when car heats up from valve metal expansion. Can this be causing the car to stutter after it warms up fully? I have heard of fits having tight valve issues. But at 88k miles before symptoms?