Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to LVRSCCA autox

New to LVRSCCA autox

Hi everyone,

My name is Teryn and, as I mentioned in the title, I am new to the autox scene here in Las Vegas. I am originally from Vegas, but I was gone for the last 8 years.

Anyways, last season was my debut in the autocross world- I started up in Washington and absolutely fell in love.

My boyfriend and I are looking to attend the next event this coming weekend on the 23rd, and I had a couple questions that I can't seem to find the answers to online. I thought I'd ask.

First, I always ran in either a novice class or a time only class- It doesn't look like those classes exist out here. Am I correct? If so, I do need some help in determining my class as my car is not completely stock. Would I fall in the STX (Street Touring) class?

I have a 2007 WRX sedan and my short list of mods are as follows: I have a cat-back exhaust, a tune, and coilovers.

I'm not looking to compete for the season, just want to come out and have some fun.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to meeting some of you.
    Last edited by sowrxy; 03-17-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Novice Member
    I think with that wide rims u gotta sign up for stu same as stx but for wider wheels but still limit tire for 245 both class.

Quote Originally Posted by 04subienoobie View Post
    I think with that wide rims u gotta sign up for stu same as stx but for wider wheels but still limit tire for 245 both class.
    Goctha. I'm thinking I'll just mount my stock wheels on for the event so I don't have to worry about it- plus, I'm slightly worried about rubbing. Thank you

Novice Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sowrxy View Post
    Goctha. I'm thinking I'll just mount my stock wheels on for the event so I don't have to worry about it- plus, I'm slightly worried about rubbing. Thank you
    np anaytime,just to let u know too there a speacial deal going on on tirerack ventus rs3 for $140 235/45/17 for your stock wheels,if you guys are really serious autoxing keep the stock wheels for autox.and that keep u to stu class.

Welcome back. The heat's been waiting for you.

Download and get familiar with at least the class rules and limitations for your class: 2014 SCCA Solo Rules.

I just looked it up and your car (2002-08 WRX non-STi) and car's modifications should put you into STX this year. You can also run STXL(adies). Tire limits in STX(AWD) this year are: 245 width, Minimum UTQG Treadwear Grade of 140. Wheel limits this year for STX(AWD) are 8" width. It is your responsibility to class your car correctly, though. In STX you'll be running with the BRZ's and FRS's.

LVRSCCA doesn't run "special" or "designer" classes like other regions. You just get the ones listed by National. But if you really just want to run on just time, class your car in A Modified. AM has a PAX handicap of 1.000. Don't do that though. That's no fun. Class your car proper.

One benefit of running with LVRSCCA is a lot of runs. Usually 7+ per event.
    Hp 375 - LbFt 525 - Tons 3 - Doors 2 - Length 19' - Ash Trays 4 - LSD 1 - Seats 6 - Trunk space 4 (bodies)
    Rasmus

I plan on attending the SCCA race on Sunday as well. This will be my first time ever. And I don't know what class I am. I have an 08 legacy 2.5I N/A with whiteline sway bars (F&R) And a volo performance chip. But that's it. What class am I? I just read the attached document above ^^^^ please help me out

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRhyno View Post
    I have an 08 legacy 2.5I N/A with whiteline sway bars (F&R) And a volo performance chip. But that's it. What class am I?
    Looked yours up too. STX same as sowrxy. Same wheel and tire restrictions. It was the "ECU Tuning" and second Non-OEM swaybar that pushed you up from D Street (DS) category to Street Touring X (STX).

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT. N/A?! hold on.
    Last edited by 68Cadillac; 03-17-2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: engrish be reels hard, yo
    Hp 375 - LbFt 525 - Tons 3 - Doors 2 - Length 19' - Ash Trays 4 - LSD 1 - Seats 6 - Trunk space 4 (bodies)
    Rasmus

Quote Originally Posted by 68Cadillac View Post
    Looked yours up too. STX same as sowrxy. Same wheel and tire restrictions. It was the "ECU Tuning" that pushed you up from D Street (DS) category to Street Touring X (STX).
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. And now Im debating taking the Volo chip off just for the races so I can stay in the DS class. Or does it not matter?? Equal fun I assume.

08 legacy 2.5I N/A is not common enough to have had a member ask SCCA national to classify it in Street Touring, which is where your modifications put your car. There are no higher categories where your car is listed either.

So, by the rule book, that means you're in A Modified. Sucker.

But, my opinion, my gut feeling, by looking at cars that have been classed that are similar to yours: You should run in STC (Street Touring Compact)
    Last edited by 68Cadillac; 03-17-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Rasmus

Found it:

Sedans & Coupes NOC (non-
    sports-car-based; 4-seat mini-
    mum; up to 3.1L normally-aspi-
    rated)
    "NOC" means: Not otherwise classified.

You're in STC. Run Street Touring Compact.
    Last edited by 68Cadillac; 03-17-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Rasmus