Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something's wrong. Something's amiss.

meh.... I've never really liked any new cars post 2008. the BRS is really the only one that i MIGHT go for as a fun daily/sportscar. and i'd have to wrinkle my nose a lot at all the "safety" features like ABS/Stabilitycontrol/etc.
    "If the tires don't talk, you aren't going fast enough." "The things worth having, are worth working for(/on)"
    My Parts for sale
    My Build Journal

Fort Member
    yeah, who needs a car that's better in a car crash anyways or is less likely to get in one, we've got hospitals and doctors to fix the problems associated with those

Quote Originally Posted by 03flat4 View Post
    yeah, who needs a car that's better in a car crash anyways or is less likely to get in one, we've got hospitals and doctors to fix the problems associated with those
    yup. exactly!!!

the main reason i don't like those features is because of all the people who drive as if their car protects everyone from everything so it doesn't matter how they drive. if they know how to drive at all.
    "If the tires don't talk, you aren't going fast enough." "The things worth having, are worth working for(/on)"
    My Parts for sale
    My Build Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhydroxide View Post
    yup. exactly!!!

the main reason i don't like those features is because of all the people who drive as if their car protects everyone from everything so it doesn't matter how they drive. if they know how to drive at all.
    Sometimes you need that safety equipment not because of your driving but someone else's driving.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper702 View Post
    Sometimes you need that safety equipment not because of your driving but someone else's driving.
    not really. if you are a competent driver, then you should be able to pilot your vehicle without all the "assistance" even in hairy situations.

driving should be a skill that people learn, not just something that everyone feels they have a right to.
    My Parts for sale
    My Build Journal

DatLife

Flat 4 Ninja
    Guess what? All you have to do is answer a few questions and know how to parallel park a car to get that privilege to drive. So, I appreciate the fact that these cars have driver assistance features, makes the car a lot safer for MOST drivers.

recently in an accident in a so called safe car and i was messed up more by the car then the accident airbags for a fail
    Would you look at that ^

Fort Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwantsasubie View Post
    Guess what? All you have to do is answer a few questions and know how to parallel park a car to get that privilege to drive. So, I appreciate the fact that these cars have driver assistance features, makes the car a lot safer for MOST drivers.
    Agreed. Just think, insurance companies are money driven. They don't give a shit about you. They don't give discounts on premiums for giggles. It is because all those features reduce the damage done in an accident or prevent them altogether.