Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Audio Upgrade

Car Audio Upgrade

I know hardly anything when it comes to car audio. I know I'm not a big fan of the stock audio in the STI. Does anyone have any suggestions or shops that they recommend for car audio?

It's a known issue... A cheap simple upgrade is to install a new headunit, it'll have more power than the stock headunit and should suffice until you figure out what you want to do. The car is not exactly built for audio nor is any car but many routes can be taken. Read some stuff here or on www.iwsti.com or www.nasioc.com for audio

Super Moderator Flat 4 Ninja Wrx07's Avatar
    If you are looking for an audio shop i recommend AME. They are a vendor here also

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx07 View Post
    If you are looking for an audio shop i recommend AME. They are a vendor here also
    +1 for AME

+1 for AME, bump-bump
    Subaru enthusiast with an admiration of Legacy's, and Wagons!!

I've emailed a few shops in town for quotes. I'll stick with what I have until I get what I want. I do noticed that if I'm listening to just the radio/xm, I have to turn up the volume quite a bit. But if I use the USB/Bluetooth the sound is better at lower volume.

I love Bluetooth features! Several cars I've rented in the past(2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2013 Audi A4 TDI wagon and 2013 BMW 538E) had Bluetooth and paired with my iPhone to play my podcasts non-stop.
    Subaru enthusiast with an admiration of Legacy's, and Wagons!!

Xm tends to be lower volume for some reason. If you do plan on upgrading the radio and adding xm Try to get one that can raise the source volume to even it out and another +1 for ame. Most other shops are either hacks or too expensive for just basic work

I'm about to upgrade my system with just a sub.. I got navigation in my stock head unit so I don't want to lose that. Navi helps in cali a lot. I'll see what Tom at AME recommends.

Pleiades Scholar Flat 4 Ninja sarge's Avatar
    Pff. Xm. Bluetooth. Auxillary ports. Real Subarus don't need that crap. Just give me a rotted out 4" mid, and a sub-par performing deck with a skipping CD player.
    '06 STi
    '79 BRAT (x2)
    (Reserved for future car(s))