Thread: Looking for someone who tunes Apexi Power FC in vegas.

Looking for someone who tunes Apexi Power FC in vegas.

Haven't posted here in a while and this is the only Vegas car forum I know that is active and knowledgeable.

I bought a R32 Skyline, have done a FMIC install about to do exhaust, and I have Apexi Power FC. Looking for someone whose reputable and who can dyno tune and do some other work that I can't do myself. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

I'd contact church automotive testing and see if they can help you out. If not I'm sure he could point you in the right direction. If you're looking for install work i would use AME or uehara motor works both shops put out good work. Good luck and keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    I'd contact church automotive testing and see if they can help you out. If not I'm sure he could point you in the right direction. If you're looking for install work i would use AME or uehara motor works both shops put out good work. Good luck and keep us updated
    Thanks. Used Church before and he was great. Didn't know any good shops though so that is helpful.

The Power FC on this car is super easy to install so I could probably just put it in when I roll up there, it's used so idk if it has a tune. I installed a FMIC myself but I don't have any lift or jack stands to install this turbo elbow and downpipe basically so going between two places shouldn't be too much of a problem for something like that.

I'll check out those two places. Still waiting for the powerfc controller and boost controller to arrive so i'm in no hurry.

Is AME Advance Mobil Electronic?
    Last edited by Ready; 06-30-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ready View Post
    Thanks. Used Church before and he was great. Didn't know any good shops though so that is helpful.

The Power FC on this car is super easy to install so I could probably just put it in when I roll up there, it's used so idk if it has a tune. I installed a FMIC myself but I don't have any lift or jack stands to install this turbo elbow and downpipe basically so going between two places shouldn't be too much of a problem for something like that.

I'll check out those two places. Still waiting for the powerfc controller and boost controller to arrive so i'm in no hurry.
    I'd contact AME then if it's stuff like that you need installed Nolan and TOmmy do good work and have a lift so they'd make short work of it, as long as this certain BMW isn't hogging the lift, oh and they are close to the shop where church tunes in Las Vegas so minimal driving without a tune.

Is this you?

Fort Member
    Do you work at the A-10 gun shop on Nellis?

Quote Originally Posted by danyo View Post
    Is this you?
    No, mine is black and it's a R32. That is a R34 from the looks of it so i'm very confused how that's here, lol.
    Do you work at the A-10 gun shop on Nellis?
    Creech AFB.

Sorry for terrible picture but my phone is messed up right now and I don't have a real camera.

Car looks the same now except I put my old 350Zs wheels on it with new rubber. Going to autocross on the 12th
    Last edited by Ready; 07-01-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Mike angel @ insane speed.

the PowerFC comes with a "stock" tune on it, where you should go through the "first fire" procedures (where it learns it's idle pretty much) beyond that, I'd say you're safe to drive it to the tuner's with the PowerFC installed, just DO NOT boost... whatsoever. the PowerFC WILL NOT SAVE YOUR ENGINE. EVER... there is NO knock retard, or fueling control in this ECU for unsafe events. the only thing it can do is flash the CEL when it senses the Knock sensor output above a certain level (60 of 100 iirc is stock, but your tuner can set it anywhere you want it)

i would suggest getting a "datalogit" box and using that as well as FCEdit, or similar programs to tune the ECU. or, flash separate tunes that your tuner has constructed for times when you want Racefuel, or just the pump91.
    "If the tires don't talk, you aren't going fast enough." "The things worth having, are worth working for(/on)"
    My Parts for sale
    My Build Journal