Thread: Truck Shock Suggestions

Master Member Flat 4 Ninja DFMhellboy's Avatar

Truck Shock Suggestions

Hit 50K on my 05 Toyota Tundra V8 4wd and time to replace the shocks. Before I start shopping anyone have any suggestions for shocks that will see mostly paved road duties? I want a good shock that won't give the ol'e checkbook to big of a hit.

I changed mine out to the bilsteins 5100 on the fj . Pretty good ride and you can get them with adjustable height. Can't go wrong with the price if you are not going Hella off roading

Super Moderator Flat 4 Ninja Wrx07's Avatar
    Have the bilstiens also and would recommend them.

Master Member Flat 4 Ninja DFMhellboy's Avatar
    Thanks fellas!

I too have a first gen tundra with the 5100's. my truck see all street and they ride great IMO. I only have the fronts right now but will be getting rears once they come due soon.
    There's an old sayin' in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee, that says, "Fool me once.....shame on.......shame on you...................... You fool me but can't get fooled again!" -- George W. Bush

you can checkout www.prgproducts.com a lot of people in the Nissan Xterra community use them for suspension upgrades. Greg at PRG can help you figure out which brand and application you want. Also checkout 4 Wheel Parts. They have a store in town and are knowledgeable. Most Bilstiens are rebuildable btw which is a plus.

Super Moderator Flat 4 Ninja Wrx07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    you can checkout www.prgproducts.com a lot of people in the Nissan Xterra community use them for suspension upgrades. Greg at PRG can help you figure out which brand and application you want. Also checkout 4 Wheel Parts. They have a store in town and are knowledgeable. Most Bilstiens are rebuildable btw which is a plus.
    He lives in Texas. And 4 wheel parts is way overpriced from what ive seen.

Good catch on the Texas part, didn't see that. You can still talk to 4 Wheel Parts then find the parts on the web. RockAuto.com is a good source too.

There's an old sayin' in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee, that says, "Fool me once.....shame on.......shame on you...................... You fool me but can't get fooled again!" -- George W. Bush