Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPMS sensors....

ninja vanish!! Flat 4 Grand Poobah ricedemon's Avatar

TPMS sensors....

so I wanna put on my extra set of rims on my 2015 forester but they don't have TPMS sensors on them..... I called two places tireworks and discount tire and they said they don't carry the sensors and that id have to go to Subaru for them.....plus another $135 to have them installed and reprogrammed. anyone on here have any tips or ideas how I can do this cheaper... the rims im putting on have tires installed already.
    thanks

Honestly, just don't use them. Cars made it for years without them just fine. My only issue with it is the bright light on the dash.That is the only reason I have considered getting some for my aftermerket wheels.

Fort Member
    Steve at sin city wheels and tires has a stand alone programmer that can program sensors (non oem) to your tpms module. In most cases the wheels do not need to be fully unmounted.

Cool thanks for the info.... as much as a pain it is I think I'm going to have to cough up the cash..... I really fckn hate the stock enkei rims on the foresters

Just take the tpms sensors out of the stock rims and make a pressure vessel out of PVC pipe-put the sensors in there and "inflate" to proper psi and throw them in the car somewhere. Still has cost but may be a cheaper option to keep the light off the dash.

http://m.fitfreak.net/forums/showthr...061&styleid=16
    Last edited by BOXXED; 08-16-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Check out JDMFanaticVinyls.com for all of your vinyl needs!
    2015 WRX/STI overlays and more!
    USE PROMO CODE DCAMPER FOR 15% OFF ENTIRE WEBSITE!

I bought used sensors from an STI for $50 shipped and just had to buy the valve stems that are needed for $4/ea new on amazon. That fucking light has been bugging me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BOXXED View Post
    Just take the tpms sensors out of the stock rims and make a pressure vessel out of PVC pipe-put the sensors in there and "inflate" to proper psi and throw them in the car somewhere. Still has cost but may be a cheaper option to keep the light off the dash.

http://m.fitfreak.net/forums/showthr...061&styleid=16
    I was under the impression subarus TPMS have to have motion to work correctly? Don't know if it's true, maybe Ath can chime in...you're method is good though I've heard of guys putting all the sensors in the spare tire inflating it and calling it good, no pressure vessel needed. But what do I know, my car is old

Lol that sounds like a good mcgyvere trick! Shit makes me like my bugeye with no worried for tpms....

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    I was under the impression subarus TPMS have to have motion to work correctly? Don't know if it's true, maybe Ath can chime in...you're method is good though I've heard of guys putting all the sensors in the spare tire inflating it and calling it good, no pressure vessel needed. But what do I know, my car is old
    They might have to move to work. I don't know I've never messed with Subaru tpms I've just heard of guys making that vessel.
    Check out JDMFanaticVinyls.com for all of your vinyl needs!
    2015 WRX/STI overlays and more!
    USE PROMO CODE DCAMPER FOR 15% OFF ENTIRE WEBSITE!

Vendor
    Saw Ben's name on the sold log, didn't think there were two of you in town.

For the TPMS question, Subaru's system *does* require motion to activate the sensor reading.