Thread: Traction control abs and Hill holder lights on for no apparent reason, Please Help

Traction control abs and Hill holder lights on for no apparent reason, Please Help

So I was driving tonight and all of a sudden all three lights lit up on the dash. I tested it and the hill holder was in fact not working. I turned the car off and the lights went out, but then after driving for a little bit they came back on. It's an 08 WRX with no real mods to the suspension. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

sounds like there might be something wrong with the ABS. The traction control and hill holder both use the ABS.

I have also read that this can be caused by a faulty break peddle switch. Anyone heard of this?

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye0169 View Post
    I have also read that this can be caused by a faulty break peddle switch. Anyone heard of this?
    Actually, yes! I just fixed mine. I didn't have to replace anything. I have had issues with the ABS/TC/HA lights coming on. I found out that my brake lights weren't turning on every time. I took out the brake sensor, blew some air in it and readjusted them and haven't had an issue since. I have a '13 WRX, this is what I followed to adjust the brake lights and fixed my problem.

Thank you for the reply and I will check this out ASAP