Thread: Engine splash-guard

Question Engine splash-guard

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement engine splash-guard/mud-guard for an 08 Impreza 2.5i Plus ? I found one option so far but I'm hoping to avoid taking out a small loan...any ideas or leads will be appreciated. Thanks!

Vendor
    Are you looking for a skid plate type replacement, or a direct, OEM replacement? We can get them, however, they are priced at $199.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru of Las Vegas View Post
    Are you looking for a skid plate type replacement, or a direct, OEM replacement? We can get them, however, they are priced at $199.
    Not looking for anything fancy, just something to protect the engine's underbelly. I've kept an eye on Pic-a-part & another auto-wrecker's inventory but so far I haven't seen an 08 or like-year Subaru that might work.

Pleiades Scholar Flat 4 Ninja sarge's Avatar
    If you have access to a metal brake you can produce one yourself with some effort, else you can bang it out with hand tools using sheet metal.

If you are wanting to just buy one, Tustan @ Six Star Armor and Tollboothwilly both were on this site at one time fabricated aftermarket solutions. I do not know if they still visit, but you can try sending them a message and see if you get a response. I have no idea what their pricing is, or if it would even be a savings over the oem one that SOLV has. You best bet is to ask, if you can find them. Sorry I can't help much more than that.
    '06 STi
    '79 BRAT (x2)
    (Reserved for future car(s))

I have one for the same price as the plastic oem one and can make u one cheaper if u would like
    Tustan
    (435) 879-9808
    St. George, UT
    Tustan@TPSDesigns.com
    www.SixStarArmor.com

Pleiades Scholar Flat 4 Ninja sarge's Avatar
    Hey they do exist, see!
    '06 STi
    '79 BRAT (x2)
    (Reserved for future car(s))

I personally have one of Tustan's skid plates and it has taken a beating. Great product and customer service!
    There's an old sayin' in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee, that says, "Fool me once.....shame on.......shame on you...................... You fool me but can't get fooled again!" -- George W. Bush

+1 for Tustan

I have one too

+1 Tustan @ Six Star Armor

Best products by far, and he can fabricate products to dress up your engine bay too!👍🏼
    Subaru enthusiast with an admiration of Legacy's, and Wagons!!