Thread: 2004 STi Transmisson

2004 STi Transmisson

Hello Everyone! I am having an issue with my car, and I believe it is in the transmission. Is there anyone around that is familiar with 2004 STi transmissions, or has a recommendation for a good shop?

The gears feel like they're binding and the car feels like it is skipping at parking lot speeds. Specifically when turning at low speeds. If anyone has any ideas, or wouldn't mind taking a look, please let me know! Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    Hello Everyone! I am having an issue with my car, and I believe it is in the transmission. Is there anyone around that is familiar with 2004 STi transmissions, or has a recommendation for a good shop?

The gears feel like they're binding and the car feels like it is skipping at parking lot speeds. Specifically when turning at low speeds. If anyone has any ideas, or wouldn't mind taking a look, please let me know! Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

Nate
    Nate,
    It sounds to me like you just need to adjust your differential with the control on your center console. Are you very familiar with the Subaru all wheel drive system and the driver center control differential (DCCD) system specifically in the STi drivetrain?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tustan
    (435) 879-9808
    St. George, UT
    Tustan@TPSDesigns.com
    www.SixStarArmor.com

Somewhat.... I think it might be something with the dccd, but I am not sure what. Just so you're aware, it is a 2004 STi swap into a 2002 wagon. The dccd works and was hooked up during the swap, but I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

It sounds to me like it is in the 50/50 power distribution with the center diff lock engaged. Have you tried adjusting your settings on the DCCD system? If it is almost hopping when you try to turn sharp at low speed it's because the lock is engaged, therefore not allowing the wheels to spin independently in a turn...since this is a conversion or been moved from one vehicle to another make sure all your connections are good and that you can fully adjust your settings on manual mode and auto mode would be a start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tustan
    (435) 879-9808
    St. George, UT
    Tustan@TPSDesigns.com
    www.SixStarArmor.com

^^ Good Stuff!! 😎👍🏼

06 LGT spec B 😉 aka The Gray Ghost
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Subaru enthusiast with an admiration of Legacy's, and Wagons!!