Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad lag / hesitation

Bad lag / hesitation

I have 03 wrx 5sp wagon. Shaky at idle with ac on. Hard to get moving and not responsive lower rpm under 2k.

Runs good up higher 3+. Runs better when cooler outside.

Just put in used 2.2na shortblock so most everything has been apart. Feels like bad tps or maf sensor? Have checked for air leaks. I feel like someone familiar with Subaru could drive it around the block and just say yep you need a blank

Car has tbe, headers, spt cai, no tune worth a crap. I am using a utek supposedly stage 2 generic piggy back tuner

Any ideas? Anyone in henderson? I'll buy the beer
    Last edited by Rabbitrex44; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:16 PM.

Eta no cel. Had a misfire on 2 when I first put motor in. Changed that plug and swapped coils still came back as misfire 2. Changed fuel filter and code went away.

Any chance my 177k fuel pump is taking a dump?

Could I just need a tune bc of bolt on and 2.2 displacement?

I wish I had an answer to that issue. Try to reach out to Darrin at Route69Racing (702) 685-2782

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Subaru enthusiast with an admiration of Legacy's, and Wagons!!

Update - I unplugged silly piggyback and now runs better as far as hesitation. Still seems like it badly needs a tune. I get quite a bit of popping when it's hot outside. When it's cool it rips.

I have a Cobb apv2 that was/is married to another subie. Had it plugged in yesterday and boost looked OK at 14.5 max. But it was saying tps voltage always at 5.0volts. Yet throttle percentage changed with gas pedal. Maybe Cobb is reading from other cars parameters?

Get a hold of Darrin if you're in LV. He's got connection with Church Tuning, and I can vouch for their tunes!

I would love to take her to a pro or 2, just don't have the dollars. I think when original motor blew I probably did the cheapest rebuild ever.

Junkyard short block was 90$
    Headgaskets were 70$
    Few hoses 20$
    Other than that I reused every gasket, oil coller, accessory. Used about half gallon of right stuff sealer.

I reused the clutch and timing belt for Petes sake. Runs OK now but it sucks to be broke with three kids.

Hoping she will hold together till tax time. I would like to get a twin turbo jdm motor and just use the long block.

If I can't swing that, I'm going to find another short or long block and go through it as a spare

There are resources available on tap if you have any questions...
    Most of the OG's on this forum has stepped away for a bit and are being filtered with FB news feeds that can burn your eyes for hours!

There are a couple other guys that used to tune and might still be doing it. Devon and Jamal could throw on a cheaper Dyno or road tune I'm sure just to get you running right and safe. You would have to spend some money but that's part of owning a modified Subie but it would be far less than Church I'm sure.
    There's an old sayin' in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee, that says, "Fool me once.....shame on.......shame on you...................... You fool me but can't get fooled again!" -- George W. Bush